- About UCI MIND
Awards and Recognition
UCI MIND continues to develop new major resources to help us achieve our goals. Our successes include:
- Designation as an Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) by the National Institute on Aging (NIA), including five years of financial support, which provides the means to diagnose and longitudinally follow individuals with MCI and Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.
- Designation as a California Alzheimer’s Disease Center (CADC) funded through the State Department of Public Health.
- Continued funding of a training grant for pre- and postdoctoral students, providing support for the next generation of scientists.
- Renewal of a program project grant by UCI MIND faculty, allowing investigators to work collaboratively in identifying factors that promote the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ongoing research investigating the successful aging process in the oldest old.
- Creating the first transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease that develops both plaques and tangles.
- Achieving recognition as a high-ranking national site for conducting clinical trials.