Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist, Bill Gates, blogs on why he has decided to invest in Alzheimer’s disease research. He notes, “What I’ve heard from researchers, academics, funders, and industry experts makes me hopeful that we can substantially alter the course of Alzheimer’s if we make progress in five areas:
- We need to better understand how Alzheimer’s unfolds.
- We need to detect and diagnose Alzheimer’s earlier.
- We need more approaches to stopping the disease.
- We need to make it easier to get people enrolled in clinical trials.
- We need to use data better.”