1000 Avocado Avenue Newport Beach
The Secret Power of Music for Dementia
In the battle against Alzheimer’s disease, Joshua Grill invokes a deceased jazz singer, iPods and a 35,000-year-old vulture bone that cavemen fashioned into a flute. Grill is a neuroscientist whose research interests focus on clinical trials in neurodegenerative disease. He will explain how music is a powerful force and that can tap into the deepest recesses of the mind, stir emotions and conjure memories, and why music memory is one of the last things affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
Jan. 27, 2020
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Friends Room, Central Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Lecture series details:
- Once a month on Monday Evenings between September to May
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and program is 7-8:30 p.m. lecture with Q&A
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- FREE Admission (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
- FREE parking in lot and in structure
The Newport Beach Public Library Foundation in collaboration with UCI Health is pleased to present the 2019 – 2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard featuring an extraordinary group of renowned doctors and researchers on a wide range of topics from treating back pain to health equity to aging gracefully. The UCI doctors present the latest studies and newest technologies in an engaging public forum. Come learn with us!