I am unsure when my next appointment is. Who should I contact?
If you need to be reminded of your next appointment, the following contacts will be happy to assist you:
- For Clinical Trials: (949) 824-0008; firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Longitudinal Cohort: (949) 824-2382; email@example.com
How do I get to my research study site?
Research study visits take place at Gottschalk Medical Plaza or Hewitt Hall on UCI Campus in Irvine. To confirm your study location, please use the contact information above.
How should I prepare and what should I bring for my study visit?
Please be on time for appointments. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we may have to reschedule. Please wear easy to remove clothing/shoes; no panty hose if possible. This will make visits that include a physical exam easier. Please bring the following to your study visit:
- Glasses or hearing aid if used by subject
- Detailed list of all current medications, including vitamins and nutritional supplements
- Detailed list of any recent medical history changes since last visit, if applicable
- A knowledgeable family member or other informant with you (if asked to do so for research visit needs)
- A sweater or jacket as temperatures in the waiting and examination rooms vary
- Light snacks/refreshments can be made available for long visits. You are welcome to bring your own if preferred
- Durable power of attorney or an advanced healthcare directive, if you have not already shared with research team
I have chosen to donate my brain to UCI MIND when I pass away. What steps should my family take when the time comes?
Participants enrolled in the Longitudinal Cohort are pre-registered for brain donation. A signed informed consent form is needed to be enrolled in the brain donation program. Without the signed consent, the legal next-of-kin must authorize the brain autopsy before it can be performed. Once the brain donor passes away, the family should immediately notify our team via telephone at (949) 824-5032 or pager at (714) 506-4004. For more information on brain autopsy, please visit this page >.
Who should I contact regarding a complaint about my research study?
If you have a complaint about a study in which you are enrolled, please contact the principal investigator for your respective study below and/or the UCI Human Research Protections Program in the Office of Research at (949) 824-6068; (949) 824-2125; firstname.lastname@example.org:
- David Sultzer, MD: (949) 824-9270; email@example.com
- Longitudinal Cohort
- AHEAD 3/45
- Gaby Thai, MD: (949) 824-2382; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A4 Study
- Steven Tam, MD: (714) 456-7007; email@example.com
- S. Ahmad Sajjadi, MD, PhD: (949) 824-7621; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Grill, PhD: (949) 824-5905; email@example.com